Handwriting in Foundations C and D
There is not an option to choose between manuscript or cursive when ordering Foundations C or D Student Workbooks. Letter formation was taught in Foundations A and B. Students will continue to practice handwriting skills through copywork and dictation in Foundations C and D.
Students strengthen their handwriting and develop muscle memory by writing short phrases and sentences either in cursive or manuscript in Foundations C and D.
If your student struggles with forming a letter during Foundations C or D, you may want to:
- Stop and review the strokes to create the letter located in the Foundations A or B Teacher’s Manual.
- Pull out the Tactile Cards and have your student practice the letter.
- Review the strokes included in the Handwriting Quick Reference.
- Supply your student a handwriting Desk Strip to reference during dication.
- If your student needs additional practice, you may want to consider using our Foundations C Copywork Supplement.