Foundations is an integrated language arts program with handwriting instruction built into the lessons.
Handwriting Instruction in Foundations
- Includes options for manuscript or cursive instruction.
- Is comprised of rhythmic, stroke-based directions that contribute to muscle memory.
- Provides explicit, systematic step-by-step guidance for teaching handwriting.
- Follows the same sequence of phonogram introductions in the Foundations lessons.
- Uses multimodal and multisensory approaches for teaching letter formation.
- Supports reading growth because of the connection between handwriting and learning to read.
Those using Foundations do not need to purchase Rhythm of Handwriting. The same instruction in our Rhythm of Handwriting is provided in Foundations lessons. Rhythm of Handwriting is designed to be used alongside Essentials or as a stand-alone writing program.