Rhythm of Handwriting is designed to accompany our Essentials curriculum or serve as a stand-alone handwriting program. The Rhythm of Handwriting approach is built into Foundations lessons.
Rhythm of Handwriting:
- comes in a choice of cursive or manuscript handwriting instruction
- groups handwriting instruction by initial stroke
- promotes rhythmic movements to create muscle memory for handwriting
- provides a variety of line sizes to meet the developmental level of handwriting skill
- uses multimodal and multisensory techniques
- teaches lowercase letter formation first
- promotes the connection between handwriting and reading
You can purchase Rhythm of Handwriting as individual student books or as a set that includes the following Rhythm of Handwriting products: Student Book, Tactile Cards, Whiteboard, Desk Strip, and Quick Reference
Want to learn more about teaching handwriting? We have some resources for you on our Rhythm of Handwriting site.