Logic of English® curriculum was not written to fulfill Common Core. However, Foundations easily fulfills (and surpasses) the language arts standards for Kindergarten and First Grade, as well as many Second Grade standards. Essentials fulfills (and surpasses) the Reading: Foundational Skills standards, and most of the Language standards, for Third grade, as well as many of those for Fourth and Fifth Grade.
We have created tables of Foundations and Essentials lessons and Common Core standards as a resource for those who would like to use the correlation for planning purposes.
We have received requests from teachers in some states who have asked for the correlation between Logic of English curriculum and their state standards. Those are listed below as well. More states coming soon! In the meantime, you may find our Progress Monitoring Checklists helpful. These list Common Core standards covered in each Foundations or Essentials assessment.
Standard Alignments for Foundations and Essentials
- K, 1st, & 2nd Grade Common Core Standards
- K & 1st Grade Colorado State Standards
- Kindergarten Arizona State Standards
- 1st Grade Arizona State Standards
- 3rd Grade Common Core Standards - Units 1-15
- 3rd Grade Common Core Standards - Units 16-30
- 4th Grade Common Core Standards - Essentials (all units)
- 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade Arkansas State Standards - Essentials (all units)
If you would like to request we do a standard correlation for your state, please contact us.