As we have updated our curriculum, we have also updated many products to reflect those changes, and newer Spelling Journals include new features. However, you can use any edition of the Spelling Journal with Essentials.
Detailed Edition History: Logic of English Spelling Journal
First Edition: Published in 2011. 63 pages.
Second Edition: Published in 2014. 71 pages. Includes the following new features:
- A section for the schwa sound, /ə/.
- Expanded introduction with tips on using the Spelling Journal,
- Phonogram and spelling rule tables.
- Tips about where or how often certain spellings of a sound are used.
- The third and fourth printings added the second sound of X and the fifth sound of OU.
Third Edition: Published in 2018. 79 pages. In addition to all features from Second Edition, this edition adds the following:
- New sections for schwa in an unstressed syllable and schwa in an unstressed word.
- Pages added to record additional words that are tricky or have an exception.
- Spelling Rule wording updates.