Logic of English® recommends our complete Foundations Sets because they are the most affordable and easiest way to purchase all the materials needed to teach each level.
This article contains the following sections:
- Core Materials
- Foundations Recommended Materials
- Additional Classroom or Home Supplies
- Supplements for Foundations
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram Game Cards - set of two decks needed
- Phonogram Game Tiles - one per student, or one for every two students to share
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - Manuscript or Cursive
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - Manuscript or Cursive
- Student Whiteboard - one per student
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Quick Reference
Foundations Required Materials for Each Level
The Foundations Teacher's Manuals contains scripted lessons and provides directions for using the Student Workbook. The Student Workbook is consumable, and each child needs their own to complete the lessons. The Student Workbook is not a stand-alone product and must be used with the Teacher's Manual. See below for level-specific materials.
Foundations A Recommended Materials
Foundations B Recommended Materials
Foundations C Recommended Materials
Foundations D Recommended Materials
- Foundations D Teacher's Manual
- Foundations D Student Workbook - one per student
- Foundations D Readers
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Children's Literature Set - Required with Foundations D. Sold separately. Available from Logic of English or a bookstore or library of your choice.
- Plus, the reusable Core Materials listed above!
Additional Classroom or Home Supplies
Many Foundations lessons use items commonly found in a classroom or homes. Additional lesson supplies include scissors, markers, glue, blocks, a mirror, toy cars, a bucket, stuffed animals, and chalk. A list of needed materials is included at the beginning of each lesson and activity in the Teacher's Manuals.
Supplements for Foundations
The following items are fantastic supplements to the Foundations curriculum but are not required. Since they are optional, these items are not included in the Foundations Sets.
- Phonogram Songs - Songs to accompany the phonogram picture books.
- Phonogram Coloring Books - Sold as a set or sold separately. Coloring books to accompany the phonogram picture books.
- Cursive or Manuscript Desk Strip
- Cursive or Manuscript Classroom Wall Strip
- Sandpaper Letters - May be used instead of Tactile Cards if desired - helpful for young children since the sturdy boards stand up to lots of play
- Grammar Flash Cards - used in Level D. You can purchase a set if you would like or download a free PDF of only the cards used in D lessons: Grammar Flash Cards: excerpts for Foundations D.
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards - used in Level D. You can purchase a set if you would like or download a free PDF of only the cards used in D lessons: Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards: excerpts for Foundations D.