All editions of the Foundations D books and materials are compatible with each other. Some materials are in a new edition, but the changes do not affect compatibility. If you are considering upgrading to a more recent version, this article provides an overview of changes we have made over the years.
Foundations D Edition History
- Foundations D Teacher’s Manual
- Foundations D Student Workbook
- Foundations D Readers
- Core Materials With Minor Changes
- Materials With No Relevant Changes
Foundations D Teacher’s Manual
Second Edition (Current Edition) published in 2018. 344 pages.
- No significant changes or additions to lesson content.
- The introduction has an added list of 2nd grade standards fulfilled in the Foundations D lessons (in addition to the kindergarten and first grade standards already listed in the 1st Edition).
- The skills taught in the lessons have not changed, but the 1st Edition did not list what 2nd grade standards the lessons fulfilled.
First Edition published in 2014. 340 pages.
Foundations D Student Workbook
First Edition published in 2014.
Foundations D Readers
First Edition published in 2014. Set of 8 non-fiction readers.
For more information, see our article about the Foundations D Readers and the Children’s Literature Set.
Core Materials With Minor Changes
The following items have had minor changes. You may need to make occasional adjustments to reflect newer content, but most people do not find these updates significant enough to warrant buying a new copy.
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
Materials With No Relevant Changes
The following items have had no relevant changes that affect use with Foundations:
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Quick Reference
- Student Whiteboard
- Grammar Rule Flash Cards (Optional, used in D only. There was a significant update in the 3rd Edition of these cards, but it does not affect compatibility with Foundations D.)