In 2018, Logic of English® added prompts for the phonogram pictures books within the level B and C manuals. Customers using older Foundations B and C Teacher's Manual versions may still include the Whistling Whales and Knitting Knights phonogram picture books within their lessons. Here are some tips for how to incorporate the Doodling Dragons Books with older editions.
Tips for Incorporating Whistling Whales and Knitting Knights Into Foundations Lessons
- Teach the phonogram introduced in the lesson using the picture book
- Review the phonogram using the picture book multiple times.
- Ask your student to jump or make a particular motion when they hear a specific sound.
- Challenge your student to tell you which sound of the phonogram they hear.
- Practice phonemic awareness skills by using the pictures to segment words into sounds and blend the sounds into words.
- Add additional practice by having your student color the corresponding Phonogram Coloring Books page and listen to the Phonogram Songs.
- Play with and notice the sounds of the new phonogram!
The purpose of these activities is to provide an enjoyable way to explore each of the phonogram sounds and hear how they work in words.
How to Order
You can order the Doodling Dragons Books through the Logic of English store page. The individual books are also available for purchase, Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds and Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC.